OUR MISSION: Taking Jesus to people in need by extending help and hope.
If you would like to learn more about how you can partner with us, or how we might be able to help you, click the appropriate image above.
Dear Friends and Partners of Mission Southside,
We invite you to rejoice with us and PRAY!
On January 23, Mission Southside purchased a 15,000 square foot facility located at 168th Terrace and Ridgeview. We held our Open House Celebration on Sunday, March 8. Thank you to the more than 300 guests who came to celebrate with us.
With your help, we were able to raise all of the necessary funds through our Help Build Hope Campaign to pay for the facility with cash ... $290,000.
Thank you to so many who have made this dream a reality.
Your Mission Southside Team
About Mission Southside
2015 Charity Golf Tournament
Make room on your calendar now for the opportunity to enjoy a great round of golf and support Mission Southside, "take Jesus to people in need by extending help and hope."
Registration opens on June 1, 2015. Get your foursome together now!
Mission Southside Site Team Video
Mission Southside Partners with iDonate!
Mission Southside can now receive cash and non-cash donations to support their work in Johnson County!
(iDONATE should only be used for cash gifts and non cash gifts that are NOT intended to be given away at our free garage sales. Click the "Donations" link in the upper left to find out how to donate your used clothing, housewares, furniture, and non perishable food.)
Shop on Amazon.com?
You can designate .05% of your purchases to be donated to Mission Southside. Simply start your Amazon purchase by clicking here
Mission Southside - By the Numbers
- 37,000 people below the poverty line in Johnson County
- 25,000 homes go to bed hungry every day
- 1,100 students classified as homeless
In the last year, Mission Southside ...
- Hosted 2 Free Garage Sales per month on average ... 1,560 families served
- Served over 6,000 hot dogs!
- Collected, sorted and distributed over 6,000 boxes or bags of donations (average 510 per month)
- Over 600 furniture items donated and delivered
- 97,000 food items needed for all of our programming
- 33 neighborhoods served (9 site teams)
- 55 churches involved of which 29 are solid
- 35 business partners
- 6,800 volunteer opportunities (5,700 in 2013)
- 70 people involved in Discovery Groups
- 50 trained Discovery Group Leaders
- 3,000 families served with help and hope
- 14 J-Train in neighborhoods; 2 J-Learn / Homework Huddles
- 12 bi-lingual volunteers
And did it with joy, with the covering of prayer, being led by the Lord