OUR MISSION: Taking Jesus to people in need by extending help and hope.
If you would like to learn more about how you can partner with us, or how we might be able to help you, click the appropriate image above.
MISSION SOUTHSIDE SUMMER BREAK
In an effort to allow our staff and office volunteers an opportunity to enjoy a week of summer vacation, Mission Southside will be closed Sunday, July 27 thru Monday, August 4. The mission will re-open for ministry on Tuesday morning, August 5.
If you have tangible donations, please hold them until we re-open. If you must donate them during our break week, please use the services of other worthy area charities. Thank you for your continued support of Mission Southside, as we refresh and gear up for a strong August and September.
Check out our Site Team video ... click here.
About Mission Southside
Mission Southside Partners with iDonate!
Mission Southside can now receive cash and non-cash donations to support their work in Johnson County!
(iDONATE should only be used for cash gifts and non cash gifts that are NOT intended
to be given away at our free garage sales. Click the "Donations" link in the upper left
to find out how to donate your used clothing, housewares, furniture, and non
Shop on Amazon.com?
You can register at smile.amazon.com
and .05% of your purchases will be donated to Mission Southside. Simply select Mission Southside as your charitable organization and help support Mission Southside with every purchase you make!
Mission Southside - By the Numbers
- 37,000 people below the poverty line in Johnson County
- 25,000 homes go to bed hungry every day
- 1,100 students classified as homeless
In the last year, Mission Southside ...
- Hosted 24 Free Garage Sales ... served over 6,000 hot dogs!
- Collected, sorted and distributed 5,640 boxes or bags of donations
- Collected and delivered over 600 furniture / appliances
- Handed out 97,515 weekend Backsnack food items (197 Backsnacks weekly)
- Extended HELP and HOPE to 31 neighborhoods, apartments and trailer communities
- Created special partnerships with 54 churches and 35 businesses
- Linked arms with 5,700 volunteers
And did it with joy, with the covering of prayer, being led by the Lord