What does an intern do?
Summer Internship Program 2021
Coming alongside Mission Southside to put God’s love into action by extending help through hope. Interns will participate in relationally equipping community leaders by loving and serving together, learning from each other, and creating holistic Christ-centered community. This will include a wide range of HELP and HOPE experiences that will allow the intern to grow in their leadership ability, with primary focus on the summer programs for children and teens.
Hours at the Mission
20-25 hrs. per week (Tentative outline below)
Tuesday, June 1 to Friday, Aug 6– 9am-2pm, plus Tues 5:30-8:30pm
9-10am for Learning Community
10-2pm for ministry focus and additional Help & Hope experiences (plan on some additional morning, evening & weekend serving opportunities)
Responsibilities at the Mission
- Leaders in Training: Encourage, equip, and mentor a small group of young teens growing in faith, character and life skills
- Bible Story Activity Kits & Kids Clubs: Help organize materials for activity kits and deliver with Site Team to families for 7 weeks. If possible – lead activities in person.
- Sports Night/Sports Leagues: Assist with planning, coordinating, and hosting weekly sports league to connect with kids, teens, and families.
- Grow as an obedient follower of Jesus as you learn, lead, and train others in living on mission.
Other Help & Hope Opportunities:
- Community Connections: Learning from key volunteers and ministry partners
- Providing assistance (Furniture Delivery, Food Co-op, Warehouse, Prayer)
- Composing a Ministry Letter
- Special Projects
- Opportunities to be exposed to elements of non-profit leadership
- Service & Discovery mentoring: Come alongside young teens interested in serving the community and discovering more about God.
Tues, June 1 – Internship Starts!
Fri, Aug 6 – Internship Wraps Up
- Stipend for 10 full weeks
- High School Graduate TBD
- College Student $1500
- College Graduate TBD
- Work area provided with Wi-Fi. (Please bring your own device)
If you have questions, please contact Steve Friesen at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Summer Interns ideally at least 1 year out of high school, but must be 18 years of age by start of internship).