Work With UsInternships
Mission Southside Summer Internship
May 30 – July 28, 2023
Key Internship Dates
Regular Weekly Schedule
Tuesday, 10am-2:30pm; 6-8:30pm
**An additional 5 hours will be spent assisting the intern’s assigned Site Team each week. These hours and times may vary.**
Additional Details and Dates
Orientation week: May 30th – June 2nd
- May 30th – 11am – Welcome Lunch with MSS Staff team (514 S Kansas Ave)
- TBD – 7-8pm – MSS advisory board mtg: Intros & Intern commissioning
- TBD – Meeting the Site Team Leaders!
Sports Night: Tuesdays – 5:30pm – 8:30pm (starting June 6th and ending July 25th)
June 19th-23rd: Eagle Lake Day Camp (8:30-5:00 Monday-Friday)
July 4th: (Tuesday) Holiday day off
July 24th: MSS Charity Golf Tournament (Mon, 8am-1pm – interns assist and serve alongside volunteer teams)
Summer Wrap up: July 28th
Learning Community focus
Wednesdays: Discovery Bible Study
Fridays: Relational Community – to know and love one other more
Summer Internship Program 2023
Coming alongside Mission Southside to put God’s love into action by extending help through hope in Christ. Interns will participate in relationally equipping community leaders by loving and serving together, learning from each other, and creating a holistic, Christ-centered community. This will include a wide range of HELP and HOPE experiences that will allow the intern to grow in their leadership ability, with primary focus on the summer programs for children, teens, and Site Teams.
Hours at the Mission
25 hrs. per week (Tentative outline below)
Tuesday and Thursday – 10am-2:30pm (plus Tues 5:30-8:30pm)
Wednesday – 10am-12pm (followed by assisting with assigned Site Team)
Friday – 11am-2pm
10-2:30pm (T&Th) is ministry focus and additional Help & Hope experiences [plan on some additional morning, evening & weekend serving opportunities]. 10am-12pm (W) is for planning and a Discovery Bible Study. 11am-2pm (F) is assisting and participating in Fun Friday at Eagle’s Pointe Site.
Responsibilities at the Mission
- Leaders in Training: Encourage, equip, and mentor a small group of young teens growing in faith, character and life skills
- Bible Story Activity Kits & Kids Clubs: Help organize materials for activity kits and deliver with Site Team to families for 7 weeks. If possible – lead activities in person.
- Sports Night/Sports Leagues: Assist with planning, coordinating, and hosting weekly sports league to connect with kids, teens, and families.
- Grow as an obedient follower of Jesus as you learn, lead, and train others in living on mission.
- Community Connections –learning from key volunteers and ministry partners
- Providing assistance (Furniture Delivery, Food Co-op, Warehouse, Prayer)
- Composing a Ministry Letter
- Special Projects
- Service & Discovery mentoring – come alongside young teens interested in serving the community and discovering more about God.
- Tues, May 30th – Internship Starts!
- Fri, July 28th – Internship Wraps Up
- Stipend for 9 full weeks: $2,250
- Work area provided with Wi-Fi. (Please bring your own device)
If you have questions, please contact Nick Wagoner at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Summer Interns ideally at least 1 year out of high school, but must be 18 years of age by start of internship).
2023 Mission Southside Summer Internship Application
If you are interested, please complete the application below by February 21, 2023.
See what its like at Mission Southside
You can make a difference. Reach out now to discover how you can make an impact.